Why Join MDMA?
MDMA is the voice representing the interests of innovative and entrepreneurial medical technology companies. We provide educational and advocacy assistance to more than 250 members. MDMA members all share a common goal: to provide patients and clinicians with timely access to safe and effective medical technologies that improve the quality of life.
Washington has never played a more direct role in a medical technology company's ability to succeed. Changes with the regulatory process at FDA, implementation of the health care reform law, increasing reimbursement challenges, the medical device tax and ongoing attempts to modify the patent laws are just a few of the key issues being discussed and debated on Capitol Hill.
I encourage you to get involved and help shape the future of our industry by joining MDMA.
Mark Leahey, President & CEO
Benefits of Membership
Representation in Washington
- Voice of the innovative, entrepreneurial sector of the medical technology industry
- Shape policies that impact your company
- Maintain relationships with key Members of Congress and high-level staff at FDA, CMS and other regulatory agencies
- Members are actively involved in developing and implementing MDMA's public policy agenda
- MDMA's Legislative Action Center - quickly and easily contact Members of Congress regarding important issues and legislation
- MDMA Working Groups address the many challenges facing innovative medical device companies. Each working group meets monthly via conference call and receives additional email updates and breaking news
- Communications Working Group
- Medicare Coverage and Reimbursement
- General Counsels (quarterly)
- Market Access
- Public Relations/Communications
- Healthcare Reform Implementation
- International Issues (quarterly)
Learn more about MDMA's advocacy efforts
- Weekly MDMA Update, Monthly Member Service Newsletter and breaking news
- Members' only website access – white papers, special reports written by outside experts on legal, regulatory, and international issues and other MDMA news
- Bi-monthly members-only conference calls and webinars
- MDMA staff and outside expertise at your finger tips
- MDMA Annual Meeting, Coverage, Reimbursement and Health Policy Conference, Medical Technology Executive Forum and Premarket Approval (PMA) and 510(k) Premarket Notification Seminar
- Meet industry leaders, lawmakers, and decision-makers
- Members receive special discounted rates to all programs
- Partnerships with other industry and regional organizations to offer MDMA members discounts to premier events in the United States and around the world
- MDMA members have exclusive access to discounts on important services through MDMA's Business Alliances that can save companies thousands of dollars annually